Monday, October 25, 2010

An Autumn Affair.. The Decor

I love the seasons of the northeast!! It's Fall, and time for apple picking and delicious apple eats and drinks! So how appropriate was it that I used apples to style an Au tum Affair recently? No flowers necessary at this event! Tons of apples did the trick! I started with a rich tones of orange, deep red, cream and brown. For stationary, I found orange cardstock with a sweet cream damask (I love damask!) print to the bottom. I sent the invitation along with a little inspiration board to the cake designer. Christine of Design Cakes did an AMAZING job with the cake! Inspired by the invitation, Christine designed a cream two layered cake with an orange damask cut out. She also included a delicate branch with berries placed on each layer of the cake...SWEET! Let me tell you.. it was PERFECTION! Ok enough of my blabbering.. onto the pictures!

Tablescape, Hurricane held a pillar candle wrapped with skeleton leaves, surrounded by berries. The burlap table runner was a must have!


Ambiance, mini hurricane votive holders mimicked the large centerpiece, with a maple leaf tucked below an orange votive. Red and orange skeleton leaves floating along with a candle.

Drink of the Evening.. Apple Peach Passion Punch. I also used the orange damask for the drink menu. Signature drinks are always a hit!

Favor Bags

And the pièce de résistance.. The Cake!



Stay tuned for the sweets!

11 comments:

Sankofa Concepts said...

I love it! Fall decor blended perfectly!

Lili said...

so lovely!

Ellia C. Naturals said...

OMGoodness...it's all beautiful, but that cake is exquisite!

Jen said...

Gorgeous table! That cake -- wow!

Anonymous said...

As always fabulous!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Gorgeous! Looks so WARM and welcoming. Love the cake!

Jen Crowley | MAGnifique Media said...

Beautiful table setting!

Enchanted Expectations said...

Love it. I really love the colors.

Putting All the Ps in one POD! said...

I love this!!! I would love to post this on my blog!! May I please post this beautiful Autumn Affair? By the way, I love your BLOG!!!

collette said...

Omg, the Flair Factor did such a phenomenal job for my mother's
70th Birthday party, I cannot express how pleased I am with all her ideas and styles. The cake, when I saw it, I was overwhelmed with joy. As for my mom, she was taken aback and very surprised. All thanks and appreciate to the Flair Factor for all of your creative ideas and most importantly, bringing everything together. You have continued to impress me. From my brother's baby shower to my mom's 70th, you have done such an extraordinary job. I cannot wait for my wedding or a reason to celebrate again. Thank you soooo much for everything.

Unknown said...

Awww thank you all for the lovely comments!!
Collette, you are very welcome!