Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 Cents Tuesday: New Segment!


I'm sure you've all heard that it's ok to make a mistake as long as you learn from them, right? Well... this segment is all about our experiences, mishaps, silly mistakes and quagmires that comes along with event design & planning, and how we solved them. Share with us your design dilemma's, customer quandaries, catering conundrums, and event horror stories!
After every event, I try to document what I could have, should have, and would have done better (**rolling my eyes**). We can learn from each others mistakes and experiences!! Do you have an experience you would like to share? I would love to hear your 2 cents from lessons learned!! Here's mine to start!!

Predicament- When setting up a desert/candy buffet display for a party, I discovered that something was wrong with the table the venue provided. The tables were too darn small for my display! So I put two of them together. Not a problem.. right? WRONG! Of course the tables were also uneven!! I must have the worst luck with tables, cause this happened to me more than once!

Solution- I put a book under the table cloth to even out the section that was low.
Lesson Learned- Never rely on the venue to provide tables for your displays!

My 2 Cents- Invest in a table or two that will accommodate your design specifications. Come equipped with your own table when setting up your displays! Have any advice for me? Add your 2 cents!

Want to share your experiences for 2 cents Tuesday? Email me at www.theflairfactor@gmail.com with your experiences. Please include the predicament, solution, lessons learned(if any) and your 2 Cents! Can't wait to hear from you!

1 comments:

Jane said...

Hi CPN friend! I'll have to think about it - trust me I've made just about every mistake in the book. I laughed at your post - thanks for the humour! We do learn from our mishaps though don't we? Looking forward to following this segment. Jane:) http://louandjane.blogspot.com/