Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sweets & Treats: Exotic Elegance

Last week I posted a preview of a Sweets & Treats Table that I was working on for a celebration.(And yes..I had to taste test the gumballs, just to make sure they tasted as good as they looked.:-)) I designed a festive table that spoke to the couple's Caribbean heritage. I brought it to life with a vibrant color palette of yellow, purple and orange, and incorporated the exotic flower birds of paradise, palm leaves and floating candles for a touch of elegance. To say the least, the couple loved every bit if it, but I think their guests loved it even more!
Take a look...




Check out the background, the centerpieces overflowed with exotic tropical blooms! I know it's dark..Hopefully I can get my hands on some pro pics to share.
















Ok check out the adults.. the poor kids were at the back and couldn't even get their little hands in! LOL!


Is there a reason this take out container couldn't close? Too much candy for one person, that's why.

14 comments:

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

I'm sure they did love it! It works perfectly with the dramatic background lighting!

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts said...

It looks great and I love the purple!!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Love this color combo! Also, my favorite detail is the twizzlers displayed around in the inside of the container, instead of up and down. Makes it look super chic!

1 Funky Woman said...

Ooooh, looks so great and yummy! Loving the purple!

collette said...

Very pretty! You've done such a great job with detailing. I love everything. I can't wait to get married!

Sandi said...

Beautiful! love the colors and you had just enough tropical elements.

amy & lisa said...

This is so appealing to the eye, much less the taste buds! :) Great table!

OnidaC said...

aH!!!! Looked amazing! I know the couple was beyond impressed!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! The couple was totally in love with the presentation!

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

Everything looks SOOO good! I would love to repost!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christi, be my guest,repost!It would be great!

Maddycakes Muse said...

OMG!! Girl, this is FABULOUS!! I totally love how you displayed the colored twizzlers vertically and your lollipop centerpiece! UNIQUE! Love, Love, Love

Michelle
www.maddycakesmuse.blogspot.com

Enchanted Expectations said...

So pretty! Love the color combo. Twizzler display genious! Fabulous job

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Wow, this is wonderful. I love how you layered the different color of candy. Everything looks great!

Susan
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/